We are looking for experienced software developers to join our growing team and build out our targeting and advertising platform. Our platform is a distributed system that includes appliances residing on-site with our ISP partners, integrates with real-time bidding ad exchanges, and handles billions of individual advertising opportunities every day. Components include browser-based front-ends and high performance back-end systems, and our engineering team is responsible for designing and building it all, plus managing our deployed production systems.
Our stack is built with Python, C++, AngularJS, PHP and Java, uses PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, SQLite and RabbitMQ, and everything is deployed on Linux. We are an agile shop, we practice continuous integration and release often. We use Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bamboo, Crucible and Fisheye. Successful candidates don’t need to be experts in all of these technologies, but we do expect them to be comfortable in a mixed technology environment fearless in learning our entire stack.
We’re looking for seasoned engineers who can work across the full stack and who know what it takes to build and ship fault-tolerant, self-healing commercial systems. We want passionate people who are interested in helping shape the products we build and above all who want to work in a collaborative and dynamic development environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proven ability to pragmatically design and develop new subsystems and features
- Strong ability to reason about complex systems with many moving parts
- Previous experience with one or more of: Python, PHP, Java, C/C++
- Experience building reliable applications using SQL for backing storage
- A passion for creating elegant, robust and maintainable software
- Experience using automated testing and mocking frameworks to build relevant, correct and well-factored applications
- Can work all over the stack: front end, back end, stand-alone services, etc.
- Extremely comfortable with Linux (Ubuntu LTS) and shell programming
- Successfully built scalable applications to process massive datasets across sites
- Prior experience in online ad serving is a plus, but not a must
- A ferocious appetite for learning, a passion for sharing, and a knack for teaching
- CANADIAN APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE
About Audience Partners Canada, Inc.:
Audience Partners is a leader in online advertising that delivers advertising solutions for local, regional and national advertisers with specific focus around political, healthcare and broadband. We have developed an industry recognized technology platform and partnered with leading Internet Service Providers to develop our unique audience network that unlocks unprecedented digital media opportunities for brand advertisers.
Audience Partners’ Toronto office is located in trendy Liberty Village, minutes from the King streetcar and GO station. We’re a close-knit team delivering a world-class solution for brand advertisers, solving complex technical problems and aggressively scaling the business.